This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
International Business Development Director – Defence Industry – to be based in Amsterdam or Dubai
• Multinational capital equipment/aerospace company with 10.000+ fte, a market leader in its niche
• Capitalize on opportunities of upcoming launch, unique opportunity to have real impact and make a difference
• Must-have experience selling to the Army, Airforce and/or Ministeries of Defence AND must-have experience with successfully closing high value deals through (national) government tendering
For one of our clients, a globally operating company manufacturing and selling aerospace equipment (10.000+ fte), we are currently looking for an International Business Development Director to be based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands or Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company’s business unit is poised for growth with the upcoming launch of their, well received new capital good. The Business Development Director is needed in order to capitalize on the momentum and this is a great opportunity for having real impact. The main focus of this role is to define priority countries and strategies where business development will be performed with the aim of international growth of the company’s business unit.
The ideal candidate
• At least Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business.
• A minimum of 12 years of progressive work experience in a variety of commercial roles.
• Above country experience.
• Track record of multi-million plus deals.
• Selling to national Airforce industry and interacting at minister level.
• Experienced with engineered capital equipment.
• Thorough understanding of relevant legislation and procedures for international governmental tendering.
• Fluency in English is a must.
• Proactive deal closer who uses intellect, intuition and persuasion.
• Creative and resilient negotiator who overcomes obstacles and is able to navigate complex and long decision making processes.
• Confident and at ease interacting at all levels of the sales and value chain.
• Collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates high levels of integrity and honesty.
If you are interested please apply via the Apply button. Please kindly submit your CV and application letter in English and in Word format. Reference checks, diploma checks and assessments are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.