This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
Our client is a steadily growing manufacturer of technical tools. Market leading in its niche, the company is recognized for its high quality in both product and service. It can be described as a ‘pocket size multinational’; headquartered in the Netherlands, the company employs a little over 100 people based in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The Sales Director is in charge of the sales organization of the company, holding an international scope. Both strategic and hands-on operational, he/she will be in the lead of developing the commercial strategy as well as the execution of the targeted growth. Aside from exploiting new business in new industries and geographies, another key deliverable is to professionalize the sales organization; structures and processes shall be improved and made more efficient and effective.
The Sales Director heads and inspires an international sales team of 6 sales people based in 5 different countries across the world. He/she takes seat in the Management Team and reports directly into the Managing Director. The position is based in the south of the Netherlands and requires frequent international travelling (50/50).
The ideal candidate
• Bachelor degree or higher.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in b2b sales and marketing in a technical setting.
• Technical acquaintance is a must, for instance gained in metal working, chemicals, machinery or precision engineering.
• Experience in a managerial commercial role with a multi-country scope.
• Know-how in professionalization of a sales organization.
• Solid track-record in creating new markets and business.
• Knowledge of the German and/or Asian market is considered a plus.
• Fluency in English is mandatory. Proficiency in Dutch and/or German is considered a strong plus.
Essential personal competencies include:
• Strategic thinking, analytical mind-set.
• Impactful, persuasive and great communication skills.
• Inspiring, empowering change manager.
• Hands-on, pragmatic and pro-active.
• Result-oriented and striving with can-do mentality.
The position offers a challenging role combining commercial leadership and change management as well as strategy and operations in an international setting. It offers the opportunity to have a major impact on the further development and growth of a compact high-tech multinational that is market leading in its field.
If you are interested please submit your English CV in word format via www.kienbaum.nl, project Sales Director (17029). Please not that reference checks, assessments and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure.
For more information please contact Anisha Wai at +31206971410.