This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
Our client is the global market leader in mixing and blending technology, represented all over the world with subsidiaries and a network of trading partners. The German based company has been family-owned since its founding and has grown into an leading organization with more than 700 qualified employees offering state-of-the-art technologies.
Sales in the lowlands is covered by two Sales Managers and divided into North & Mid Netherlands and South Netherlands & Flanders. Our client is now looking to hire a new Sales Manager for the southern districts. The Sales Manager is responsible for the development of the company’s commercial activities in his/her area. Focusing on both new acquisition as well as account management, the Sales Manager acts as the bridge between the clients and the production facilities in Germany. The position is based in the center of the Netherlands (home office facilities can be discussed) and requires frequent traveling across the Netherlands and Belgium.
Background and experience
• Bachelor degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline (such as Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering).
• 6+ years of progressive work experience in comparable Sales Manager or Sales Engineer positions.
• Proven technical background is an absolute must.
• Commercial track-record in both acquisition and account management. Client and service oriented.
• Experience with sales of capital goods into process-oriented industries is a must.
• Fluency in both Dutch and English is a must. Fluency in German will be considered a strong plus.
• Strategic, analytical thinker that sees through complex (commercial) situations.
• Open, friendly and pleasant personality. Ability to effectively interact and connect with people on all levels and with different backgrounds (functional and cultural).
• Self-starter that takes initiative and able to work independently. Hands-on and pragmatic.
• Entrepreneurial attitude; able to identify and seize business opportunities.
• Assertive and impactful. Able to convince, persuade and influence.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
Please submit your CV in English and in Word format, and application letter if desired via the ‘Apply” button. Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
Contact person: Amber Valk at tel. +31 (0)20 6971410.