This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
Plant Manager (18016)
- International manufacturing company with over 70 locations worldwide
- Responsibility for all plant operations and production outsourcing
- Being part of a fast growing global company
- Member of the Management Team
Our client, the Filtration Group, is a fast growing, multinational manufacturing greentech company that is a global market leading in filtration. 6000+ employees contribute to the success of the company across the globe by offering high quality, engineered systems, solutions, products and services. The organization is divided in several business units of which one of them being headquartered in Lochem, the Netherlands.
The Plant Manager leads the manufacturing plant in the Netherlands which is part of the Dutch entity/headquarters of the business unit and has full responsibility over the operations and performance of the plant. This includes production/assembly, maintenance, logistics, procurement, engineering, planning and outsourcing. Via several Department Heads, the Plant Manager lead a team of more than 60 employees. The new incumbent will contribute to the organizational strategy and ambitions to further growth. A focus in this role will be on continuous improvement, optimizing processes and developing people to make the organization more efficient, effective and lean. Another key challenge will be increasing the outsourcing activities in a professional manner, which entails the development of a strategic outsourcing roadmap.
The role reports into the President of the unit and is based in Lochem, the Netherlands.
- An Engineering Master degree is preferred a minimum of Engineering Bachelor degree is required.
- Progressive career path of at least 10 -15 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must-have familiarity with (project) engineered systems and products.
- At least 3-5 years being end-responsible for a production plant or unit with at least 35 employees.
- Strong credentials in operational excellence and continuous improvement with tangible results. Experienced in using LEAN methods or related.
- Understanding of welding, bending or related processing of metals is strongly preferred true interest in technique is a must.
- Experience with strategic sourcing and manufacturing outsourcing is considered a strong plus.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required. German is beneficial.
- Strong drive, energetic, able to move people.
- Strategic helicopter view with long term vision.
- Strong determination to realize change, continuous improvement and operational excellence. Resilient drive to further professionalize the organization to improve performance.
- Analytical thinker with eye for detail that is able to get to the core of an issue. Strong problem solving skills.
- Natural leader with a positive attitude who is able to get the best out of his employees.
- Effective communicator that is able to persuade, influence and convince.
- Hands-on and down-to-earth mentality.
- Able to function well in demanding environments and changing situations. Remains calm and composed.
- Ambitious and eager to reach great results. Results driven and solutions oriented.
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Assessments, reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
For more information, please contact Faye Hutton at +31 20 697 14 10