This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
Supply Chain Manager (18015)
Our client is a fast growing, multinational manufacturing company that is market leading in its niche. Several thousands of employees contribute to the success of the company across the globe by offering high quality systems, solutions, products and service. The organization is divided in several business units of which one of them being headquartered in the east of the Netherlands.
The Supply Chain Manager is a newly created role that is responsible for the entire process of purchasing and logistics to ensure a professional and effective supply chain process. This entails the complete process from purchase, incoming goods, inspections, warehousing, stock management and final deliveries to the customer. An important component of the role will be strategic buying. Currently the company works with a significant number of suppliers and the new Supply Chain Manager shall develop a strategy on how to manage the top suppliers regarding delivery time, quality, documentation and delivery of products. Also important is the contribution to the strategy of the organization to grow significantly, increase outsourcing activities and to work in a more effective, efficient and lean manner. Our client is hence looking for a new Supply Chain Manager with eye for operational excellence and drive for continuous improvement.
The role manages around 11 people and reports into the Plant Manager. The position is based in the east of the Netherlands.
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Nevi 1, 2 and 3 would be a very strong plus.
- Green Belt certificate would be beneficial.
- Progressive career path with at least 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in supply chain and/or procurement, of which 2+ years as a Supply Chain Manager, Strategic Sourcing Manager or the like.
- Practiced in managing teams of 5+ people.
- Proven experience in operational excellence and continuous improvement with tangible results. Knowledge of lean.
- Experience with outsourcing is considered a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of welding, bending or related processing of metals.
- Fluency in both Dutch and English is required.
- Strategic helicopter view with long term vision on how supply chain should be managed.
- Analytical thinker that is able to get to the core of an issue. Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator that is able to persuade and influence customers and colleagues.
- Involved, people oriented team player with drive to develop his/her team.
- Determination for change, continuous improvement and operational excellence. Resilient drive to further professionalize the organization to improve performance.
- Able to function well in demanding environments and changing situations. Remains calm and composed.
- Works accurately, thoroughly, is organized and has a keen eye for detail.
- Results driven and solutions oriented.
- Ambitious and eager to make things happen.
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Assessments, reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
For more information, please contact Faye Hutton at +31 20 697 14 10.