This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
Our client is a European headquartered, international company active in plastic packaging solutions. Family owned, the firm employs thousands of dedicated employees based in plants and offices across the globe. Products and solutions are sold into a wide range of industries, including to the chemical sector, agriculture and food.
The role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has end-responsibility of the whole company. As head of the firm, he/she will be accountable for the management, development and performance of the organization and people. The new incumbent is responsible for the (growth) strategy of the company and ensures the expansion plans are being realized. The position reports into the Supervisory Board, and chairs his/her own management team, in which amongst others the CFO and COO take seat.
The Ideal Candidate
- Master degree, ideally in a business or engineering relate discipline.
- Progressive career parth of at least 20 years, of which 8+ years in an end-responsible role managing a manufacturing company or business unit with 1.000+ employees.
- Proven track-record in growing companies and/or business units. Experience in leading transformations such as realizing a turn-around would be preferred.
- Know-how in packaging solutions is a plus, not a must.
- Familiarity with leading a senior MT.
- Fluency in English. Additional European languages would be beneficial.
- Inspiring, charismatic leader that motivates and enthuses.
- Strategist with long-term vision, yet able to translate this into short-term action plans.
- Possess profound analytical skills and able to get to the core of an issue quickly and come up with well-grounded solutions.
- Innovative, creative and able to think outside-of-the-box.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong drive for change, transformation and continuous improvement.
- Very ambitious and driven to reach outstanding results.
Please note that reference, background and diploma checks and pre-employment screening are part of the producedure, as well as an Executive Assessment.