Supply Chain/Warehousing Director (18055)
For one of our clients, a global leading player in its industry with over 250.000 employees, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain/Warehousing Director at the Dutch entity (1100+ dedicated employees).
Responsibilities include optimization of the supply chain network across the Netherlands, development and execution of strategy to deliver operational excellence. Applying operational excellence and continuous improvement are key in achieving outstanding results in this fast paced and high volume business. The Director will be leading around 100+ people spread over a.o. inbound, outbound and logistics (delivery with own vans).
Reporting to the BU Director, the Supply Chain/Warehousing Director is expected to really make an impact with his/her presence, ideas and actions.
Background and experience
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or other relevant business/engineering degree.
• Senior supply chain management professional with at least 15 years of progressive supply chain experience in a high volume/low margin business within an international matrix organization.
• Must have managed large groups (minimum of 100 fte) of people in shifts and on the work floor.
• Track record in enhancing efficiency of large worker groups by making use of technology, procedures and developing people.
• Proven success in applying lean principles, breakthrough innovative ideas and other continuous improvement projects.
• Specific experience in wholesale, retail, warehouse and logistics including WMS is considered a plus.
• Fluency in Dutch and English is a must.
Personal competences include
• Firm, impactful and inspirational leader, people-manager able to continuously motivate employees.
• Strategic and analytical thinker but at the same time hands-on and down-to-earth manager who is approachable for his/her employees and sometimes gives the example where required.
• Drives change, innovative, thinks out of the box, comes up with pragmatic and creative solutions realizing breakthroughs. Organizes team involvement in a natural manner.
• Ambitious to execute and deliver excellent results in a fast pace.
Click on the ‘apply’ button that should lead you to our website www.kienbaum.nl – Supply Chain / Warehousing Director (18055). Please submit your CV in English and in Word format, and application letter if desired. Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
Contact person: Amber Valk (+31 20 697 14 10).