For one of our clients, a global leading player in its industry, with more than 15.000 retail locations and over 250.000 employees we are currently recruiting for an experienced Distribution Center Manager (DC Manager).
The DC Manager be will be leading people spread over inbound, outbound and logistics (delivery with own vans). Responsibilities include writing the DC’s yearly strategy, increasing/maintaining delivery reliability, personnel planning, logistics planning and QA of products and processes. Applying operational excellence and continuous improvement are key in achieving outstanding results in this fast paced and high volume business.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the DC Manager is expected to really make an impact with his/her presence, ideas and actions.
Background and experience
• Master’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or other relevant areas.
• At least 12 years of working experience of which more than 5 years’ experience in warehousing and logistics.
• Must have managed large groups (minimum of 80 fte) of people in shifts and on the work floor.
• Track record in enhancing efficiency of large worker groups by making use of technology, procedures and developing people.
• Proven success in applying lean principles and other continuous improvement projects.
• Specific experience in wholesale, retail, warehouse and logistics including WMS is considered a plus.
• Fluency in Dutch and English is a must.
Personal competences include
• Firm, impactful and inspirational leader, people-manager able to continuously motivate employees.
• Strategic and analytical thinker but at the same time hands-on and down-to-earth manager who is approachable for his/her employees and sometimes gives the example where required.
• Drives change, thinks out of the box, comes up with pragmatic and creative solutions and organizes team involvement in a natural manner.
• Ambitious to execute and deliver excellent results in a fast pace.
Click on the ‘apply for this position’ button - DC Manager – 130+ People Manager (18061). Please submit your CV in English and in Word format, and application letter if desired. Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
Contact person: Amber Valk (+31 20 697 14 10).