Head of Finance EMEA (19012)
Our client is a global stock listed commercial kitchen and food equipment manufacturer with more than 8,000 employees’ worldwide serving customers in 60 countries. Its European HQ is in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is responsible for expanding and steadily growing the business in EMEA.
The Head of Finance is a broad role with a wide range of responsibilities in an international environment. He/she is responsible for all accounting and budgeting matters ensuring reliable and efficient accounting and controlling operations. Furthermore the Head of Finance will be responsible for the consolidation for EMEA as well as the improvement of the financial control environment across the EMEA finance teams. A significant focus will also be on strengthening the control framework and to lead and develop the finance team which consist of 15 staff members. The head of Finance reports directly to the Director of Operations & Finance EMEA as well as to the finance function at the Global HQ in Asia.
- Responsible for the accounting team as well as month end close and annual accounts and written explanation of deviations and remarkable events.
- Develop a more business controlling competency in the finance team.
- Managing the financial budget process.
- Managing third party providers (accounting, audit, tax, legal).
- Opportunity to participate in a wide range of ad hoc analysis and strategic projects.
- Improvement of administrative organisation and internal controls.
- Leading and motivating a team of 15 financial professionals covering Europe and Middle East.
Background and experience
- Academic degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline. RA/RC or equivalent is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in a financial role of which 3+ years of experience in leading a team, preferably in the manufacturing or wholesale industry. Experience in an international environment is a must have, (internal) audit experience a plus.
- Strong financial background with knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
- Good experience in accounting, specifically with VAT/Tax accounting and internal auditing.
- Ideally experience with MS Dynamics.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in Dutch is a plus.
Personal competences include
- Reliable and structured with excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Flexible attitude and able to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Practical mind-set with a hands-on mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Inspiring and motivating towards team.
- Cultural sensitivity is very important, should be able to work with people from all nationalities.
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Assessments, reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
For more information, please contact Faye Hutton at +31 20 697 14 10.