Global Key Account Manager – Supply Chain Logistics (19021)
- Major global Logistics company with presence in 40+ countries worldwide, 25.000+ employees and $3b+ revenue.
- Supporting and driving account management and business development.
- Relationship management to ensure revenue growth, retention and customer satisfaction.
For one of our clients, a stock listed, leading, SCM and logistics company, we are currently searching for a Global Key Account Manager.
The Global Key Account Manager (GKAM) manages chemical accounts and consults on Supply Chain Logistics structures in the chemical industry. The assigned accounts are global customers of strategic importance. The GKAM is responsible for managing and maximizing business results through a combination of world class account management, business development, operational excellence and consultative selling. The GKAM develops and drives a global account engagement strategy, including the virtual network of local account managers in multiple regions and levels, involvement of Executive sponsors and appropriate use of other company resources.
- Master’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or other relevant areas.
- Extensive experience (> 10 years) in consultative selling to renowned companies.
- Strong knowledge and background in freight forwarding, logistics, warehouse management, material handling and logistics technology and tools in the Chemical Industry.
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed and international environment.
- Financial acumen to construct and convey plausible financial plans and provide accurate forecasting data.
- Fluency in English. German language is a strong plus.
- Willingness to work out of a Rotterdam or Hamburg base and significant international travel required (up to 40%) to meet with customers and sales team members located in different regions or countries. Therefore the ability to travel long hours by air plane, carry luggage, and drive a vehicle are key physical requirements.
- Ability to develop, manage and execute a strategic global account plan in accordance with goals and objectives for the assigned account.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Establishes and maintains long-term strategic relationships with the right level of influencers and decision makers across different levels in the (account) organization.
- Strong leadership skills in a global matrix environment; creates networks across diverse technical, cultural, and language groups.
- Account management and project planning skills; organized, well-structured, proactive, flexible and hard-working.
- Ambitious; driven to grow sales revenue and maximize account performance
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Assessments, reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the procedure; background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
For more information, please contact Amber Valk at +31 20 697 14 10.