Sales & Business Development Director (19028)
*Candidates without application and technology experience in the high-tech industry will not be considered.
For one of our clients, a highly innovative scale-up (75fte) within the high-tech industry, we are currently searching for a Sales & Business Development Director. The company attracted the first venture capital to be able to capture market opportunities and now seeks a Sales & Business Development Director to fuel growth, attract more investors and strengthen the leadership team.
The Sales & Business Development Director develops the commercial strategy based on the overall strategy. Since the applications are innovative and custom made engineered, it is important to have experience with co-development in the value chain, sound understanding of technology and its applications. Besides that, the Sales & Business Development Director, will together with the CEO attract new investors. The position is based in the south of the Netherlands and reports to the CEO.
The Ideal Candidate - Experience and Background
- Master’s degree, ideally in a technical or business related discipline.
- Track-record in Sales, Marketing & Business Development.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in high-tech/semiconductor industry, e.g. at a technology integrator.
- Application knowledge within automotive, aerospace, telecom or medtech industry.
- Experience in developing commercial strategies.
- Know-how in professionalizing sales departments.
- Familiarity with managing financial investments and attracting new investors.
- Affinity with start-up/scale-up companies.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages would be considered a plus.
The Ideal Candidate - Personal Skills
- Strategic helicopter view with long-term vision, yet hands-on and able to work on the operational level.
- Analytical and creative, sees through complex commercial situations and asks probing questions.
- Impactful, convincing, persuasive and negotiate the best deals.
- Flexible, readily accepts change and receptive to feedback from others. Likely to take an optimistic view but maintains realistic.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with people from all levels. Able to focus on long-term relationships with stakeholders.
- Driven to achieve outstanding results, eye for market opportunities and perseveres through difficult challenges.
If you are interested please submit your English CV in word format via www.kienbaum.nl - project ‘Sales & BD Director’, reference number 19028. Please note that reference checks, background checks and assessments are a standard part of the procedure. Contact person: Faye Hutton (+3120 6971410).