Organization and role description
Our client is a respected international production company in the chemical sector and a leader in a highly specialized niche. The organization has several production sites in Europe and has clients throughout the EMEA region. The revenues are about €50 million/>200 fte. The statutory Managing Director Europe will lead the business in the EMEA region which includes all commercial aspects, managing the production plants and driving growth. With a group of loyal customers, the focus of the European organization will be on driving the growth by developing new customers and driving the development agenda in order to have new innovative blockbuster products that create additional future revenue. The role reports directly to the CEO of the group.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables
- P/L responsible for the European Division; strategy formulation and execution
- Providing leadership to the European organization: HR manager, Sales & Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Manager Technology EU, Division Controller EU
- Drive the growth of the organization by increasing revenues and controlling cost
- Implementing Commercial Excellence
- Enhance the performance of the production plants by introducing continuous improvement
- Work with the CTO to drive innovation and production technology development
- Put professional processes and systems in place
- The Managing Director Europe will report to the CEO
Background and Experience- Must have
- Masters’ degree in chemistry, chemical engineering and/or business
- More than 5 years of experience managing cross functional teams as BU Director or General Manager/Managing Director with full Profit and Loss responsibility
- Track record of successful delivery of business targets and managing production sites/companies
- Understanding of relevant supply chain/business models with respect to the products/clients like Colourants, Resins, Pigment Suppliers, chemical suppliers, or Equipment providers to these sectors
- Proven commercial success, and good understanding of modern commercial processes in the B to B environment
- Experience working in international commercial environment with virtual teams, matrix and different cultures
- Experience with works councils and change management
- Preferably experience with managing continuous Improvement programs, strategic sourcing/purchasing, IT management.
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbal and written. German and additional languages highly desirable.
- Conceptual – helicopter view, with eye for detail. Able to grasp general ideas and turn them into concrete plans/actions
- Analytical – asks probing questions, sees through complex situations
- Impactful – persuasive, convincing, confident towards clients and employees
- Assertive – takes responsibility, provides leadership and empowers people
- Flexible – naturally adapts to different people, environments and situations. Is resource full with limited budgets
- Supportive – approachable, attentive, able to listen, team player
- Goal oriented – sets priorities, perseverant, makes things happen
- Striving – driven to achieve outstanding results: commercial, financial and operational
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button and submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Reference and diploma checks are standard part of the procedure; assessment, background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure. Contact person: Kristina Bartellas (+31 6 11 42 78 34).