INTERIM FINANCE MANAGER AND INTERIM FINANCE EXECUTIVE
Throughout the Netherlands We are looking for flexible, dynamic, fun, hands on, high potential interim finance professionals with a minimum of 7-12 years working experience for a high exposure start up. Furthermore we have several other interim finance positions open.
Background to the role:
We mainly recruit for international companies either multinationals or subsidiaries of foreign multinationals. The project often requires change management or start up/set up.
Currently we have a number of clients looking to recruit for flexible, dynamic, fun, hands on, high potential interim finance professionals with a minimum of 7-12 years working experience. Strong vocational training bachelor/master degree and ideally RA/RC/MBA or equivalent. The candidate will have excellent communication and influencing skills and a talent for people and change management.
Purpose of the Role, Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Setting up the financial department in general including financial administration and reporting;
- Setting up, producing and review of management reports and statutory financial statements;
- Sales & Marketing controlling;
- Credit Management; review of customer credit files and assists with recommending credit limits;
- Supervise treasury functions such as cash management and company financing;
- Advice and inform other departments and branches regarding financial issues, help build financial business cases where applicable;
- Supervise the set up/update/implementation of the ERP and reporting tools;
- Develop and update the financial policies and structure;
- Execute operational financial tasks;
- Set up, supervise and manage the Financial team;
- Execute and supervise monthly and yearly financial close.
Reports to: General Manager and investors
Location: The Netherlands
Profile of the ideal candidate
Nationality: open to Dutch/EU nationals
Education: Finance or Business Bachelor’s or Master degree from an accredited school and ideally a MBA/RA/CPA or RC degree
- At least 7 -12 years working experience in a finance role with gradually increasing responsibilities;
- At least 3-4 years experience as a Senior Controller/Senior Financial Manager in a fast growing international company with a strong focus on sales;
- Comfortable in a start up like environment (dynamic, fluid);
- Track record in professionalizing a financial department; setting up policies and structure and change management;
- Good understanding of Dutch Tax Laws;
- Good understanding of the Dutch customs and duties requirements, VAT and property taxes;
- Experience with ERP systems, implementation/updating experience.
Competencies / capabilities
- Coaching: Able to support employees in their professional development;
- Communication: Able to listen and convince people by clear arguments. Able to explain financial matters on all levels;
- Social skills: Able to create professional relationships on all levels;
- Organizational sensitivity: Able to understand the organizational phase, pick up organizational sensitivity and resistance and take action to avert problems and/or escalation accordingly;
- Change and project management skills
Languages: spoken and written fluency in Dutch and English is required.
High standards, entrepreneurial, fast moving and innovative. If you recognize these traits in yourself you will be at home here.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is free from bureaucracy where free thinkers succeed, giving you the opportunity to develop your own career in a professional, challenging, motivating, yet informal and enthusiastic environment.
Career growth opportunities are available for the right candidate who has shown to be ready for the next step. You will hold a consultative position in an international context, rewarded by a competitive and stimulating remuneration system.
If you are interested please apply via the 'apply button' below.