This position has been filled - We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.
- Entrepreneurial General manager with commercial experience in the field of building supplies
- Strong brand name - high quality standards - innovative technology - excellent service
- Deep commercial understanding of project and direct sales in construction (e.g. architects, real estate project development)
For one of our clients, an innovative forerunner and successful company within the building supplies industry, we are currently searching for a Country Director for the Dutch subsidiary.
The Country Director will be responsible to develop a commercial strategy, while leading the Dutch (sales) organization. Building and professionalizing strategic partnerships will be an essential task of this position. By further expanding direct and project business, the Country Director heavily impacts the growth and long-term success of the subsidiary.
- 10+ years' experience with direct and project sales in construction is an absolute must.
- A well-developed network of architects, project developers and wholesalers as well as deep commercial understanding of the building material industry are mandatory.
- At least 4+ years leadership experience in managing a commercial department or organization and cross functional teams with P&L responsibility (25 people); sound financial acumen.
- Excellent understanding of and proven success in a multi-level sales environment and modern commercial practices and trends in the building material industry.
- Has developed and implemented strategies, roadmaps and work streams based on market developments and trends.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration or related.
- Fluency in English and Dutch (both verbal and written), addition languages are desirable.
- Strategic long-term view on sustainable commercial success, yet hands-on and able to work on the operational level.
- Capability to develop successful go to market strategies and implement these.
- Impactful and inspiring leader; convincing, persuasive and able initiate change.
- Embrace trends, innovation and new technologies as well as spot, pick-up and develop business opportunities.
- Strong financial and business acumen including a dedication to profit margins and cost awareness.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to tailor and communicate complex business ideas.
If you are interested please apply via the "Apply" button.
Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Reference and diploma checks are standard part of the procedure; assessment, background checks and pre-employment screening may also be part of the procedure.
For more information, please contact Kristina Bartellas at +31 20 697 14 10.