Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) for scale-up in horticulture
For one of our clients, a highly innovative scale-up in the horticultural industry, leading globally in its niche, we are currently searching for a CCO. The company has a proven product which is continuously being developed and already has over 300 customer in over 25 countries and 15+ strategic partners. With a hardware product combined with software platform technology (DaaS), the company is about to revolutionise the horticultural industry.
The CCO drives the success of the commercial strategy, including the development of a channel and strategic partner strategy as well as go-to-market approaches for different international markets. Experience as a commercial leader managing and developing an international sales & marketing organisation in the horticultural industry is key of this role. The position is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and reports to the CEO.
Experience and Background
- Academic background, ideally a Master’s degree in a technical or business related discipline.
- Successful track-record as leader in Sales, Marketing & Business Development and in initiating, negotiating and managing multi/indirect channels and strategic partnerships.
- Experience in or strong affinity with the horticulture industry and its value chain is a must.
- International business experience, involving the development of new cross-border markets.
- Ideally a deep commercial understanding in selling product solutions as well as Data as a Service (DaaS) / subscription models.
- At home in an international environment and the culture of start-up/scale-up and family companies.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages would be considered as a plus.
- Strategic leader with helicopter view and long-term vision on sustainable success.
- Yet a pragmatic mindset, down to earth, hands-on with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- Strong communicator; connects easily and networks well, able to build long-term relationships with stakeholders.
- Impactful, convincing, persuasive and negotiate the best deals.
- Analytical and creative, sees through complex commercial situations and asks probing questions.
- Flexible, readily accepts change and receptive to feedback from others. Likely to take an optimistic view but maintains realistic.
- Driven to deliver and achieve outstanding results, eye for market opportunities and perseveres through difficult challenges.
If you are interested please apply via the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit your CV in English and Word format, and application letter if desired. Please note that our standard procedure includes a brief phone interview, online assessment(s), face-to-face (or video) interviews as well as reference and diploma checks.
Contact person: Kristina Bartellas (+3120 6971410).